Saturday, October 18, 2008

Don Graham: Action Analysis Lecture 1

My friends at work always joke about the fact that I like to take a lot of notes and that I collect a lot of notes, too. When I was at Disney I had access to tons of stuff, and if it wasn't in the studio you could make a request to the archives to get copies of whatever you wanted if they related to the production. Add to that that Disney always offered extra training in the form of chalk-talks, or acting classes, or drawing classes, or ... you name it. They were not afraid to provide the extra skills training.
I was able to get access workbooks, art direction notes (like Hans Bacher's Mulan notes) and notes from lectures that have taken place at Disney over the years.
What follows is the notes from Don Graham's first Action Analysis Class that took place at the Disney Studio in February 22, 1937. The entire folder of notes is a few hundred pages, so I won't post the entire thing, but this will give you a sample of what they did. Enjoy.





























1 comment:

MikeS said...

Awesome Shawn! Looking forward to seeing more of these!